What you need:
- 4 medium-size firm ripe tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 to 6 fresh mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup loosely packed and finely shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tomatoes, cut side down, on paper towels to drain excess juices. Using a muffin tin, cover the bottom of the cups to be used with some of the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mint, and basil with a few drops of olive oil. Place tomato halves in muffin cups; sprinkle the salt and pepper over the tomatoes. Fill tomatoes with cheese and divide the herb mixture between the tomatoes, placing the mixture in the tomato cavities. Dribble the tops lightly with remaining olive oil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Serve hot alongside meat or fish, or at room temperature as an appetizer.
We hope you enjoy this recipe!